My test kitchen adventures are really coming together! I took a risk with this one and it turned out really great. The veggies I used aren't common on your standard wrap so I was a little skeptical in how it would taste. I can tell you right now that this is one of the best tasting lunches I've made to date, which means you all have to try it asap!
This is what we've got:
- 1 medium wrap (choose what you like best and what is part of your personal menu)
- 1/2 cup seasoned chicken (small pieces)
- 1/2 avocado
- 3/4 cup green beans
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1 handful spinach leaves
- Dash sea salt + pepper to taste
- Minced garlic optional
This is how it'll come together:
- I used an antibiotic-free chicken leg from FreshDirect. I took off the skin to avoid the saturated fats and pulled off whatever meat I could get and put it in a sauté pan with 1 tbsp EVOO.
- Next, throw all your veggies in with the chicken. I used frozen green beans, pre-sliced mushrooms, and an organic head of broccoli.
- Let everything cook in the sauté pan. Be sure if you're using frozen veggies that they are cooked all the way through.
- While thats sautéing, getting nice and browned, throw your wrap in the microwave for 12 seconds. Take it out and spread your avocado evenly over the warm wrap. It's OK if it's a little chunky. Then, take your spinach and place it evenly down the middle of the wrap.
- From there, check on your mix. Once everything is cooked all the way through and has a touch of brown on it, put it over the spinach, add your salt and pepper, fold and enjoy!
Filling, balanced + tastes delish. Feel free to make a larger mix using the entire bag of whatever veggies you have and save an extra serving for tomorrow or to munch on later!
*For a vegetarian version, swap out the chicken for 1/2 cup kidney or white beans.
*For a low-carb version, swap out the wrap for a bed of greens, or just eat the mix solo!